Friday, August 2, 2013

Cloudy On Friday, With A Chance Of Laundry


 

It's Friday baby!!!!.......is what I want to yell while standing on the front porch in my baby blue robe, but If I do, I run the chance of getting hit by lightning. It's been storming since about 5 a.m. and my lovely dog, Kitu, has been barkin', yelpin', and whinin' since it began. 

At least the coffee pot went off on time....Oh, that sweet sound. It's second best to the kiddos saying "good morning, Mom". I was actually worried that the storm would knock the power out and reset EVERYTHING, but mainly my coffee (hee-hee), but lucky me, I'm sipping a nice, pipin' cup right now.

Guess what? The kids are going to grandma's for the weekend, whoo-hooooo.....I mean.....I'm sure gonna miss them ;) and you know that means that they need clean clothes.

My laundry day is Monday, and usually on the weekends we do lots of lounging around in our jammies all day (except for Sundays), which are my power-up days to prepare for laundry day. Today, I must sacrifice all that I knew about Fridays in the past. I must start it early. I must iron it all, I must bathe the children (and maybe myself). I must pack the clothes. And then........then, I MUST drive them to grandma's house..... muhahahaaaaaaaaa.....victory shall be mine! All this can only mean that there will be no laundry on Monday and you can't beat a forecast that looks that sweet.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment