Monday, August 26, 2013

That Paper Better Be Able To Talk!

 
(google Image)

 It's that time ladies and gentlemen....back to school! Some of you have already started and many of you are still preparing. No matter what side you're on, I know you've had to do some sort of school shopping, right? 

The new curriculum, the planning of the trips, the co-ops, the lesson planning and  making sure you have all the supplies. Speaking of supplies, is it just me or did the cost of school supplies take a trip to the moon? Last week I was looking at a local sales paper online and I nearly did a flip when a pack of wide ruled paper with a measly 80 sheets, cost $2.50. Yes....yes...I know, it's ridiculous! Just last year they were 2 for $1. The "frugal" momma in me wanted to buy my kids a personal dry erase board and call it "a pack of paper".

I don't know about you, but I try not to let my kids write on the inside of workbooks so that they can be reused, so paper is a need in our kitchen. I have yet to find a pack of paper that I will waste my money on. I just refuse to pay less than $1 for a pack of paper. Am I asking too much. I mean, let's be honest, most of the paper ends us in the trash or recycle bin anyway. What's a Teacher Momma to do? Have you stocked up on paper yet? How much did you pay? Where should I shop for mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment