Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Easy Peasy Veggie Burritos

I created this recipe on a "whim". I was pressed for time and I didn't want to eat spaghetti leftovers.So I went on a search, and I found 8 burrito wraps in the pantry (I soooo forgot about them). Then I began to "just grab" different veggies and before I knew it,  had made some really good burritos! I call them Easy Peasy.....well because they are! Enjoy

You will need:
3 tbs olive oil
1 bag frozen corn
1 can cut artichoke
1 chopped onion
1can chickpeas
1can diced tomatoes
2 cups cooked rice
8 burrito wraps
1 chopped green pepper
1 bag shredded cheese
1 pkg. McCormick Cheesy taco seasoning
1 jar of salsa (homemade or store bought)
1 sour cream jar (optional for topping)
(Note you can use any veggies you want...these are the veggies I had a the time)

Directions:

Preheat oven 350 F. In a large pan add the oil then add the corn. When corn is cooked well, add the tomatoes, artichoke, green pepper and chickpeas, mix well. Add half pkg of Cheesy Taco Seasoning, stir well, cover and simmer for 5 min. Add cooked rice to veggie blend , rest of seasoning pkg. and chopped onions. Mix well and cover stirring occasionally for 5-7 min or until all liquid is evaporated. Take a wrap and fill with 2 tablespoons of filling, sprinkle cheese and salsa (fit as many wraps as you can on a cookie sheet) then fold them (taco style so you can fit more). Warm in over for 7-10 min...take em' out add the sour cream and you've got dinner honey.....Easy Peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment